Rockin’ Moroccan Stew
Rockin’ Moroccan Stew paired with Southbrook’s Vidal Orange Wine
2 tsp olive oil
1 cup chopped onions
½ cup each diced celery and chopped green bell pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
3 cups vegetable broth
3 cups peeled, cubed sweet potatoes
1 can (19 oz) tomatoes, drained and cut up
1 can (19 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp grated ginger root
1 tsp each ground cumin, curry powder, ground coriander, and chili powder
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
¼ cup raisins
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions, celery, green pepper, and garlic.
- Cook and stir until vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- When not in a nut-free environment (like the Art Gallery of Burlington), add 2 tbsp of peanut butter at the end.
- You can also add fresh cilantro at the end.
Original recipe from “Crazy Plates” by Janet & Greta Podleski